- Fit Notes
The Classic Update Series provides you with the most complete kits on the market to “Make Wiring THAT Easy”. The 1971–80 Scout II Classic Update Kit is no exception. The kit boasts many features and connectors, making it the most complete system of its type in the industry. Each kit includes:
- A new ATC fuse box and bulkhead assembly designed to fit in the stock firewall mounting location with no modification for 1978-80 models. A firewall modification template is supplied for 1971-77 vehicles.
- Dash wiring is laid out to allow for nearly all accessories, such as stock or aftermarket gauge packages and heat/air conditioning systems. The steering column connection plugs directly into 1971-80 Scout II models, and will support most aftermarket columns with an included adapter and terminal set. Terminals and printed circuit board connector are included for use with stock clusters.
- Factory style under dash courtesy lamp assemblies are included for use along with your original dome/interior lighting feeds. Plug and play heater switch, wiper/washer switch, blower resistor wiring and motor connections and are standard.
- Stop/tail, back-up and side marker lamp connectors attach to factory rear lamps. Stop/tail and back-up lamp sockets are included for the 1978-80 models. Fuel tank sender and ground harness plugs directly onto the gauge sender. Body pass-through wiring is also included.
- Engine compartment wiring includes feeds for coil, tach, water temperature, oil pressure, electric choke, 4WD warning lamp switch, starter solenoid feeds, A/C compressor lead, electric fuel pump lead, alternator exciter feed and neutral safety and backup feeds. A high-powered 6 gauge 1-wire alternator connection with Mega-Fuse protection is also supplied.
- New factory-style headlight switch, along with fog lamp relays, wiring and fog lamp switch connector. Front light wiring includes extra-long leads that can be routed for stock or custom applications. Front light harness circuits include headlight, parking/directional light, side marker light pigtails and brake warning differential. A switched trigger wire for an electric fan relay is also provided.
This product covers the following year/make/model combinations:
- 1971-80 Scout II and Scout Traveler, all models