- Fit Notes
Our 1987-89 Mustang Classic Update kit has been designed to eliminate much of the clutter of the original Ford wiring, and is the ideal solution for a street/strip build with aftermarket fuel injection or a late model engine swap. Each kit is designed to include all the basics needed to rewire a vehicle from headlight to tail light, and will accommodate popular add-on items while reducing the overall complexity of the later Foxbody chassis harness.
- Updated ATC fuse panel and fuses, along with modern GXL wire throughout. Wire functions are labeled every 3 to 5 inches. Custom fuse panel mounting bracket included.
- Pre-built dash harness and our exclusive gauge cluster disconnect system for use with aftermarket instrument clusters. Original custer wiring is not supplied.
- Engine and front light harness with extra-long leads for custom routing and updated engine and transmission combinations.
- Pre-built rear body wiring with quick disconnect.
- Pre-built front light connections with quick disconnects.
- 175 amp mega fuse kit with 6 gauge charge cable to support a high output charging system and internally regulated alternator.
- Built-in horn relay and flashers.
- Plug and play turn signal, ignition, wiper and high beam switch connectors.
- Dash harness is pre-wired to support a factory HVAC control head. Some connectors must be salvaged from an original harness for full operation.
- New door jamb switches included.
Instructions for 510547:87-89 Ford Mustang Classic Update Kit
Warning Sheet for 87-89 Ford Mustang Classic Update Kit