- Fit Notes
NOTE: If you have a Chevelle station wagon or an El Camino, you will need the 1968-1972 add-on kit in addition to the 70-72 Chevelle Classic Update kit.
Classic Update kits are designed for projects that require more circuits than would have been available in an original chassis harness. Each kit includes all the basics needed to rewire a vehicle from headlight to tail light, and will accommodate popular add-on items such as electronic fuel injection, aftermarket gauges and common supporting modifications. This harness includes:
- An updated ATC fuse panel and fuses, along with modern GXL wire throughout. Wire functions are labeled every 3 to 5 inches.
- A pre-built dash harness and our exclusive gauge cluster disconnect system for use with stock or aftermarket instruments.
- Engine and front light harness with extra-long leads for custom routing and updated engine and transmission combinations. Original-style bulkhead connectors included.
- Six-way power accessory plug can be used as a convenient power source for aftermarket accessories.
- Rear body wiring with extra-long leads allows for custom routing.
- 175 amp mega fuse kit with 6 gauge charge cable to support a high output charging system and internally regulated alternator.
- Original-replacement connectors, terminals and lamp sockets.
- Headlight switch with 26 amp internal circuit breaker and new floor dimmer switch included.
- Dash harness includes a connector for the 69+ GM steering column connector. A mating connector and terminals are included for easy adaption to popular late model columns.
- Gauge cluster printed circuit board connector and terminals.
1970-72 Chevy Chevelle Classic Update Kit Second Design